- Nothing like “American Idol” as ABC’s lead-in. Who will the judges believe in: Comey or Trump?
- Stephanopoulos (GS) sets up how both sides hate him.
- James Comey (JC) thought Trump (DT) “had no chance”. After the election, a “whole lot of me was thinking, Oh my God, did we have some role in this?”
- Don’t blame JC for trying to figure out if DT’s hair is real. I would too. Good guess on the tanning goggles, hadn’t thought of that.
- JC on DT team: “No one asked what’s coming next from the Russians, how might we stop it.”
- JC on how it feels to compare DT to a mob boss: “Very strange. And I don’t do it lightly. And I’m not doing that to suggest the President is out breaking legs and shaking down shopkeepers.”
- His answer when DT said “I expect loyalty. I need loyalty” JC: “You will get honesty from me.” DT said “Honest loyalty.” JC said it was a mistake for him to agree to that phrase.
- GS on the hooker stuff: “What was the look on his face when you told him that?” JC: “Very defensive. And started going into a list of people who had accused him of touching them improperly, sexual assault, how he hadn’t done this, hadn’t done that.”
- GS: “How weird was that briefing?” JC: “Really weird. I just wanted to get it done and get out of there.”
- JC on investigating Clinton: “I knew this was a no-win situation. … The Deputy Director looked at me and said, ‘You know you’re screwed.’ I smiled, said, ‘Yep, nobody gets out alive.'”
- GS asks if announcing no charges for Clinton (unusual move for an FBI director) was about “ego”. JC: “If it was about ego why would I step out in front of the organization and get shot a thousand times.”
- GS on critics of JC criticizing Clinton: They “say we simply do not bloody up people we choose not to prosecute”. JC: “That’s fair criticism.”
- JC on why not reveal DT campaign also under investigation (for Russian collusion): “Stare at the two cases and the posture they were in. The Hillary Clinton email case was public.” DT investigation had “just started, we didn’t know whether we had anything, so it would have been brutally unfair to those people to talk about it, and it would have jeapordized the investigation.”
- GS on condemnation for his public letter to Congress (just before election) re-opening Clinton email investigation: “What did it feel like to be James Comey in those days?” JC: “It sucked. I walked around vaguely sick to my stomach, feeling beaten down, felt like I was totally alone, that everybody hated me, and there wasn’t a way out because it really was the right thing to do.”
- GS on listening to DT make claims during one-on-one dinner: “As you’re listening are you thinking President Trump is a liar?” JC: “Yes.”
- GS on private Oval Office meeting when DT said he hoped JC could let Michael Flynn investigation go: “Was President Trump obstructing justice?” JC: “Possibly. It’s certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice.”
- GS: “Is Donald Trump unfit to be president?” JC: “Yes. … I don’t think he’s medically unfit to be president. I think he’s morally unfit to be president.”
- GS asks if he believes the Russians “have something” on DT. JC: “I think it’s possible. I don’t know. These are more words I never thought I would say about a President of the United States, but it’s possible.” GS: “That’ stunning. You can’t say for certain that the President of the United States is not compromised by the Russians.” JC: “It is stunning, and I wish I wasn’t saying it. But it’s the truth.”
- GS: “Should President Trump be impeached?” JC: “I hope not. … That would let the American people off the hook and let something happen indirectly that I believe they are duty bound to do directly. People in this country need to stand up and go to the voting booth and vote their values.”
Another wonderful work that comes under the heading of too good not to share.
Enjoy the music but most of all enjoy the day!
More Posts by Jace
Someone who spent years lying about Barack Obama’s birthplace ought to deal with this:
CNN: Trump Door Man Confirms Leaked Reports
House Judiciary chair Jerry Nadler if Dems win (CNN): “If Trump fires Rosenstein or Mueller that’ll be evidence of obstruction of justice.”
Rep. Denny Heck (D-Washington) on CNN:
“It gives me absolutely no joy, no psychic gratification whatsoever to say this … I think Donald Trump is manifestly unfit to be President of the United States. … He’s not well suited for this job. And I wish he would have a conversation with his God, himself and his family about whether we would all be better off if he would just resign.”